Spring is here and along with cleaning up your house, it is time to clean up your life too! Let's start with these 12 healthy habits to live by...
- EAT WELL. Eat foods that make you feel good and are good for you. Sure, indulge in the occasional crap, but be prepared to feel like crap afterward. For the most part, focus on healthy whole foods and feel better with each meal.
- SLEEP. Get it, as much as you can, as often as you can. Create a nightly routine in which you wind down and prepare for sleep long before you actually hit the sheets so that you can fall into a deep slumber recharging for the day ahead.
- DRINK WATER. Make this your beverage of choice. Iced, lemon zested, berry infused...whateva...just drink it and lots of it...Nectar of the Gods.
- EXERCISE. No matter how small, every bit counts. Like with eating right, the more you do it the better you feel. That icky feeling you've been carrying around with you, no doubt it is a lack of physical activity. Reenergize your body and mind with some sort of exercise at least four times a week. One day at a time, you can do this.
- MEDITATE. We are always so go, go, go. We need to be more slow, slow, slow. Take a few minutes each day to clear your mind, recharge your soul and just...be...
- BREATHE. When chaos is ensuing all around you (like my life 24 hours a day), in the words of Faith Hill, "just breathe". Take it all in, breathe deep filling up those healthy lungs, hold it in as it gathers the negativity and then release, letting it allllllll out. Breathe in happiness, joy and positivity, exhaling the weight of the world. Then do it again in five minutes...and again in five after that...
- LAUGH OFTEN. Life is funny so laugh at it. Instead of stressing out, laugh it out. Remember life is too short not to enjoy, so kick back and giggle.
- PAMPER. Look good, feel good I say. Take care of yourself and don't feel bad about pampering...or as I say, maintaining. You deserve it and don't let anyone make you think otherwise.
- DON'T JUDGE. You have no idea what others are going through so don't think you do. Everyone has a story, everyone has their own issues just like you do. Focus on yourself and being positive to everyone around you. Stay concerned with only the things you can control in your own life.
- SLOW DOWN. Life goes all too fast. Slow down and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly. One day you will look back and wish you had taken in all those small moments...don't wait.
- PAY ATTENTION. What is going on around you right now? Are you in the moment or preoccupied somewhere else? Let me guess you are looking at your G.D. phone aren't you?! Put it down (after you finish reading this post of course) and be present. Be mindful of the beauty around you and enjoy it!
- BE KIND. Kindness is the greatest gift you can offer loved ones and strangers alike. Be the person who makes someone else's day. Even if it is just a smile or something as easy as holding the door for another, just be kind and always pay it forward.
What healthy habits will you be focusing on this Spring?
Strive to thrive,