36 Weeks and Counting.....
Well, this is officially it! I'm nearly 37 weeks and just waiting for the inevitable...the birth of my boys! While I am committed to making it to 40 weeks, I can only do so much. My active and huge little angels are really in control at this point and they will come when they want to come. So, it is time for one last update as I prepare to head to the hospital at a moments notice and hypno myself into a calm and relaxed state.
|Vera's are all packed and ready to go: hospital bag for mommy and daddy, diaper bag for the boys, activity/snack bag and purse with lots of pockets!|
- Estimated due date: The "guess date" remains August 21st, 2014 and at my most recent ultrasound the boys were measuring and weighing in at being right on point (that being if I make it to 40 weeks of course).
- Latest symptoms: Back pain has subsided considerably and I am truly thankful to close that chapter and hopefully never open it again. My energy levels and stamina have hit an all time low and I feel like a 90 year old woman. While my feet are still broken after too much walking, they have gotten considerably better since I am no longer working (thank you summer!). To add insult to injury, my legs have too started to suffer as the blood flow of my body seems to stop at my uterus. Sleep has been tricky as I have a hard time finding a "cozy spot", but I consider it good practice for baby feeding all night. And lastly, my poor, unusable hands. About three weeks ago, I noticed that my hands constantly had that "sleepy" feeling, they just wouldn't wake up. Couldn't really hold anything and they were tingly all the time. I asked my doctor and apparently it is good ole' fluid retention and carpal tunnel. Oh well, I just keep drinking my gallon plus of water a day and move on! Every pain and ache is the best thing that ever happened to me since these babies are the greatest loves of my life (well, aside from my TH of course).
- Weigh In: I kicked it up to a cute 75 pounds overall gain; scary I know. Luckily, my doctor said that I would lose 30+ pounds before I even left the hospital...holllllla! Aside from that big weight drop, I plan be sweating it up at the gym in no time and be back down before my 30th in December!
- Fitness program: If by fitness you mean doing laundry and keeping my house in order while also going to doctor's appointments and running a couple errands a day, then that is what I am doing. I can't really do much of anything else, my body says rest, I rest.
- Medical findings: I tested negative for preeclampsia (another whew) and my blood pressure stays consistently low which is great. The boys are weighing in at about 6 pounds each and show no signs of slowing down. So, I guess that eight pound each prediction my doctor gave me last month may prove to be true. My appointments have started to kick up to once a week so from here on out....we wait.
- Exciting Developments: Both babies continue to be active throughout the day. Clarke still does his rolls which then disturbs his brother who will head butt me in the gut. I go in for twice weekly fetal monitoring and their heartbeats are always strong and steady. We see them practicing their breathing and sucking which means they are doing their part to prepare to enter the world!
With my #homeownerproblems behind me, my house back in order and my nursery getting more complete with each day, it is starting to hit me...I am going to be a mommy very soon. Now, time to start working in some beach days as my Thriving Mommy lives only a block from the sandy shore...gotta love that!