So Long, Farewell, We'll Miss You Irvine Antique Market!As I write this I am sure all you can do is gasp and tear up...I know I did when I heard the news. My favorite, perfectly sized treasure hunting ground in Irvine is coming to an end. This Sunday is their last event and I strongly suggest you attend; you won't get the chance again. Despite vendors just finding out about this massive blow last month, (I know, rude) we apparently can't do anything about it. The website only gives it's loyal followers this information:
"Orange County’s popular antiques, fine art and collectibles market is hosted at the Great Park on the first Sunday of every month. However, as construction ramps up to build out an enormous portion of the Great Park, The Groves Antique Market will have its last event on Sunday, June 1, 2014. Thank you for your attendance"
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! In an effort to motivate you to attend this wonderful little market's last horrah, I would like to share some of my favorite finds/tips with you. So, clear your Sunday morning, go early and shop till you drop (usually from sun stroke).
1. Always be ready to go with your cart, hat, water and hands free cash holder...
2. Keep your eyes peeled for sets of tins, I tend to be drawn to the floral variety, they are great in nearly every room and can usually be found for as low as $5-10...now that is a steal!
3. Always look for "nest-piration" an old fan and block combo makes any surface pop!
4. Never pass up vintage trays. They are great for everything; gifts, serving guests, placing under makeup jars...just don't pass them up! Especially when they are 5 for $10!
5. Don't forget to stop by the Farmer's Market on your way out, noting beats juicy fruit during these warm summer days!
Oh Irvine Antique Market, you will be missed. You brought so much joy to my first Sunday of the month mornings. But alas, all good things must come to an end (I guess...) so I will take my last finds and savor my craft time with them. I guess that only means I will have more time for garage sale'n!
|My latest find. No one wanted these as headboards?! Well, fine then, just wait to see what I have in store...|